Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leather Cuffs

So recently I have become fascinated with leather jewelry. I have been making button rings for a while and am about to add my first button bracelet to the store. But I got to thinking the other day about how pretty leather and mother-of-pearl buttons would be together. See, I have TONS of mother-of-pearl buttons and I was trying to find something to do with them. I am thinking about trying to sew through the leather to attach the buttons. Yeah I know this sounds kinda crazy since leather is so thick. The bracelet definately won't be covered in buttons like the other style I have been doing. But actually I think it will look better that way. Why make a leather cuff if you can't see the leather?
So anyway, right now I am trying to figure out how to fasten the cuff. I have seen alot of leather cuffs that fasten with a snap and I just so happen to have some vintage snaps that are the no-sew type you hammer on, which is the only kind that is gonna work on leather. Tonight I do believe I am going to start cutting up some leather scraps to see what I can come up with.
I also got about 40 old neckties from a fabric shop this weekend that I am planning to make sleep masks out of. I finally finished getting them all taken apart last night, so now it is time to cut 'em up and see what happens!
I am trying to really stock up my Etsy store before "Cyber Monday" which is the Monday after Thanksgiving. Its supposed to be the biggest online shopping day of the year.
Oh and, if anyone has a use for the fabric that comes out of the middle of a tie (kind of a thick gauze-type fabric) let me know because I have a bunch of it!
Well so long for now. I've got creating to do!

No comments: